Summer Essentials



Living in Arizona has its perks but it also has its downsides. Having been born and raised here, I have learned to navigate the extreme summer heat. Let's face it, sweating in 110+ degree heat does no girl justice. You may imagine tan skin with dewy sweat, but really its more like sun burns and sweat in places that maybe you didn't realize could possibly sweat (or at least sweat so much). It's hard to feel pretty and refreshed between the months of May and October in Arizona.
Here are a few of my favorite products to get me through until relatively normal temperatures come to town:
1. Benefit's Dandelion Lip Gloss
I don't know about you, but my lips get super dry in the summer and end up all splotchy. This lip gloss is perfect because its a lovely pale blush color which gives a natural look but also helps to cover up uneven and splotchy lips. It also does a great job at moisturizing the lips Hallelujah. It also just smells and tastes amazing (although I don't recommend eating it on purpose...I am talking to you fellow lip biters).

2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion
I love CeraVe products in general, they are mild for people with sensitive skin like mine and ultra moisturizing without the oily afteryuck. I love the AM facial moisturizing lotion because its so important to wear sunscreen on a daily basis. You may not think that you need to wear sunscreen if you aren't planning on being outside, but let me tell you....it is. I drive to work everyday, this equals sun exposure. Really, I think it would be quiet hard to not have any sun exposure in a day living in Arizona....

3. La Croix water
This...stuff...is...amazing! It is so easy to get dehydrated during the day. Between being a mom and working full time, I will sometimes make it to the end of the day and realize that I didn't drink anything all day. No bueno. This sparkling water is calorie free with no artificial sweeteners and sodium free but infused with natural flavors. My favorite is the coconut because it takes like summer and is really refreshing. Because these are flavored, I find it a lot easier to keep drinking them throughout the day. Water is good too!

4. Body Dusting Powder
Like I said, you sweat in Arizona....a lot. A body dusting powder is the best thing to make me feel fresh and dry. I really like Estee Lauder's Beautiful dusting powder, it has a light and feminine scent. Trust me, this could change your life. Enough said.

5. Sunnies
This is an obvious essential. But I once had someone tell me that your eyes can burn just like your skin...and well, that isn't something I even want to picture. I religiously wear sunglasses. Right now I am loving Ted Baker sunglasses. I feel like every pair he makes, he made specifically for me (and that's what I am going to tell myself).  I get all my sunglasses from Nordstrom Rack. Since I have a slight obsession with sunglasses, I love that I can get amazing brands (cough, Ted Baker, cough) at reasonable prices and they have a great selection.
 What are your summer essentials?

Comments

Popular Posts